HUTCHINSON ENGINEERING LTD Since 1971
- A family orientated business established 46 years ago supplying Bristol and Birmingham
- Now one of the UK’s leading sub-contract Laser cutting manufacturing companies
- In 1999 Hutchinson’s invested in their first laser machine, an Amada Beta was installed
- More recent investment in the latest flatbed laser technology right up to present day and our fibre laser
- Now with offices in Bristol and Birmingham and the factory operating from a 80,000 sq.ft state-of-the-art production facility
To find out more about Hutchinson Engineering Company history please see our interactive timeline.
In 2009 our first Tube Laser was installed which can cut Box, Pipe, Angle, and Channel, and offers customers a huge saving in terms of time and money.
SJC Hutchinson Engineering is founded by Creighton Hutchinson.
Primarily serving the needs of the local agricultural community, Creighton took on his first employees to meet growing demand.
The Hutchinson Engineering team exhibited at the Balmoral Show for the first time.
Mark Hutchinson, son of Creighton, joined the firm.
Strategic investment made in plasma technology to allow the company to diversify into the engineering sub-contract market.
Purchased our first flatbed laser machine to offer customers precision sheet metal cutting.
Factory extended to house the second flatbed laser and our growing team.
Richard Hutchinson joined the company.
Formed our sister company, H360 Ltd, to offer innovative engineering design solutions that took ideas from concept to reality.
Purchased first 3D laser, which allowed Hutchinson Engineering to produce accurate and complex laser cutting services.
Celebrated 40th anniversary.
Purchased third flatbed laser.
Winner of ‘UK’s Most Dynamic Sub-Contractor’ at the MTA Awards.
Mark Hutchinson wins Family Director of the year at IOD Northern Ireland Director of the Year Awards.
Hutchinson AeroTech launched to meet the needs of Northern Ireland’s growing aerospace industry.
Achieved IIP accreditation.
Factory extension completed, increasing overall size to 60,000 square feet.